I cannot believe it has been over two weeks since I’ve posted! Life got very busy for awhile between traveling, working, and celebrating some weddings! BUT I am very excited to be back and wrapping up my Gratitude Series in the next few weeks – and today’s topic is my favorite season: Fall!!
I. Love. Fall. The air starts to get crisp, you get to pull out the sweaters you haven’t gotten to wear since February, and everything pumpkin flavored comes out!! (Yes, I’m that white girl who bleeds Pumpkin Spice Lattes in the Fall.) Here are my top five favorite things about fall:
- The Colors – Maybe it’s because I’m a ginger, but I’m a sucker for the color orange. Out in Texas we don’t get many trees that actually change color, but all the orange, red and brown decor make me feel warm and cozy. I’m always the first to want to put the pumpkins, fall dish towels, and fall wreathes up. I have window gel clings that go up in September, and don’t come down until December. I don’t know what it is, but the colors and decorations put me right at home.
- Pumpkin EVERYTHING – I already said this but I LOVE Pumpkin. Pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin spice coffee… Is there anything that doesn’t mix well with pumpkin?? For Christmas my best friend got me a shirt that says “Pumpkin Spice and Everything Nice,” and I wore it multiple times out of season. I’ve literally been waiting all year for it to be acceptable to wear that shirt at least once a week. Pumpkin flavor is the greatest thing to happen to mankind.
- Halloween – Maybe it’s the drama queen in me, but I have always loved Halloween. Dressing up, getting mildly scared, having an excuse to watch movies about witches and ghosts… oh, and free candy. The past two years my roommates and I have thrown Halloween parties which always involve movies, wine, and painting pumpkins. I’m definitely going to miss that about living with them. Here’s hoping my next roommates are down for the same thing!!
- Sweaters – I covered this already in my post about winter, but sweaters are just the most comfortable thing in the world to wear. I love that first day where it dips below the 70’s (Texas standards of cold), and being able to break out the long sleeves and boots. I love that I don’t have to think hard about my outfits – just a cozy sweater and and some jeans!
- Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, and Halloween Horror Nights – Okay, I’ve never done either of these things, but starting in late August I am obsessively looking through Instagram, Facebook, and my co-worker’s SnapStories to find any and everything related to these events. The decorations, the parades, the obscure characters, the villians!! Is there anything not to love about these events?? It has moved higher and higher up on my bucket list since I started working at Disney, and it is something I NEED to do.
Fall has always been, and always will be my favorite season. I know it’s only June, but I’m already counting down the days until September!!